This blog – the Gentle Souls’ Revolution – is providing me the opportunity to reveal a secret: Between August 2006 through August 2011, I fell prey to a cult that presents itself as a “secret esoteric school”. It calls itself “school”. The posts that will follow serve a number of purposes:
- To sort through and make meaning out of this experience and understand why I chose it and stayed in it for five years.
- To experience the freedom that comes when one no longer keeps secrets.
- To experience the healing that comes with telling the truth.
- To set my creative voice free after five years of allowing this secret institution to silence her.
- To expose “school” as a group of con artists who take advantage of those sincerely seeking help and meaning in their lives.
- To sort the wheat from the chaff and gain my own understanding of that which is real and that which school manufactured to feed certain financial coiffeurs.
- To shed light for friends and family who likely sensed that something was off, but were unable to articulate why.
- To invite my fellow “classmates” to tell their own stories.
- To add to the ever-growing chorus of voices who sing out, online and in real time, in an effort to keep others from falling prey to this con game.
- To counter the fear I have around telling the truth.
- And finally, and perhaps most important, to sometimes have a hearty laugh about this ridiculous and strange turn of events.
rock on Hummingbird!! <3
Does anyone know if there are similar groups near Rochester New York?
Hi John, Welcome. I don’t know of any groups near Rochester. You might want to try posting this question on chapter 4 part 2, “Help” from Sustainers and Teachers. That’s the post getting the most visits from various locations.