I wish you all happy & healthy school-free holidays. May you revel in your freedom from the highly dreaded and anticipated Christmas Party.
How have you freed yourself, let me count the ways:
1) No more party-related emotional havoc reeked annually on family members, jobs, & friendships allegedly in service to “evolution”.
2) No more “work sessions” devouring your weekends and hours after work, often keeping you out and awake into the wee hours of the morning.
3) No more trying to explain your yearly absence to those waiting for you at home, while also “protecting school” by not revealing where you were and what you were doing.
4) No more scavenging for cardboard and squeezing shopping trips for party “supplies” between work and family needs.
5) No more bilking a local merchant for a free Christmas tree by telling that merchant you’re organizing a party for a homeless shelter, or a church, or a nursery school.
A small sampling of the benefits of the “school”- free holiday season.
May you pour all the time & energy “school” would have stolen into those you love — cooking special food for them; creating a festive and beautiful environment in the home; presenting them with gifts of all varieties, participating in performances they can actually attend, etc, etc, etc. etc.