Given that while I was at the Spiritual Abuse Recovery Conference, a man gunned down 11 innocent people in a synogogue, wounding several more, I’m veering into politics. Most things in life are complex, containing many shades of gray. Some things aren’t. Some things are blatantly and unequivocally wrong:
- Condoning and encouraging violence to millions of toadies at rallies
- Calling White Nationalists, i.e. Nazis, ” … very fine people”
- Shooting people, randomly, in temples, in churches, in schools, in movie theaters, in malls, etc.
- Allowing entitled, violent and sick people access to military grade weapons designed to optimize killing in the least time. (Don’t change the subject with the technical details about guns. I am talking about the difference between right and wrong, life and death. The technicalities don’t have morals and don’t care about human life.)
- Ripping apart traumatized families escaping violence and seeking asylum
- Locking toddlers in cages after ripping them away from their parents (gosh, I feel so much safer now that those toddlers are in prison)
- Lying every time you open your mouth, from the bully pulpit
- Mailing pipe bombs to political opponents
- Raping 13-year olds and then calling all Mexicans “rapists”
- Appointing lying rapists to the Supreme Court because doing so means your lackey “justice” owes you and will let you get away with your crimes
The liar-in-chief will now click on the gaslight and turn it up. He will blame this avoidable violence, these deaths, on everyone else: “protesters”, “liberals”, “the press”. Trump and the Republican Party — the party that props up and supports his hateful, undemocratic, sociopathic, narcissistic rhetoric — have blood on their hands. When Trump speaks in public, he sends a clear message to every asshole with delusional vendettas: the permission & entitlment to do whatever to whomever, whenever, no matter how vile and wrong.
Use your vote on Tuesday Nov. 6th to oppose things that are wrong. Because those wrong things are running our country into the ground right now.