Given that while I was at the Spiritual Abuse Recovery Conference, a man gunned down 11 innocent people in a synogogue, wounding several more, I’m veering into politics. Most things in life are complex, containing many shades of gray. Some things aren’t. Some things are blatantly and unequivocally wrong:
- Condoning and encouraging violence to millions of toadies at rallies
- Calling White Nationalists, i.e. Nazis, ” … very fine people”
- Shooting people, randomly, in temples, in churches, in schools, in movie theaters, in malls, etc.
- Allowing entitled, violent and sick people access to military grade weapons designed to optimize killing in the least time. (Spare me the b.s. argument about technical details. Technicalities don’t care about right and wrong, life and death. Technicalities don’t have morals.)
- Ripping apart traumatized families escaping violence and seeking asylum
- Locking toddlers in cages after ripping them away from their parents (gosh, I feel so much safer now that those toddlers are in prison)
- Lying from the bully pulpit every time you open your mouth
- Mailing pipe bombs to political opponents
- Raping 13-year olds and then saying this about Mexicans, “they’re rapists”
- The appointing lying rapists to the Supreme Court because doing so means your lackey “justice” owes you and will let you get away with your crimes
The liar-in-chief will now click on the gaslight and turn it up, blaming this avoidable violence, these murders, on everyone else: “protesters”, “liberals”, “the press”.
Trump and the Republican Party — the party that props up and supports a demogugue while claiming to be great patriots, defenders of the rule of law and christians — have blood on their hands. When Trump speaks in public, he sends the clear message to every asshole with delusional vendetta that he now has permission & entitlement to do whatever to whomever, whenever, no matter how vile and wrong. Trump as a role model.
Use your vote on Tuesday Nov. 6th to oppose things that are wrong. Because those wrong things are running our country into the ground right now.