Hello first real vacation since before Covid times!! New Orleans & The Kerrville Folk Festival in Kerrville, TX.
I keep hearing Robert claiming, “Those who leave the source, regret it, believe me!” Yes! Right now, I could be at an early-morning making new friends training & paying $350/month for “the privilege.” I could be at Whole Foods, seeking out my “new friends,” while the nausea I always felt when recruiting overtakes me.
Instead, I’ve been unnecessarily suffering some NOLA Jazz, powdered-sugar beignets, fish tacos and cocktails (none better). This week, in Texas, I’ll be hearing the most fantastic songs never heard by the general public, at late-night, early morning, Texas campfires. Sigh. All with my new book in hand 🙂
After exiting the hollow halls in 2011, the Big Easy was one my first post-cult trips. NOLA holds a special place in my heart. We’d planned to go back in 2020. Obviously, that didn’t happen. This year we are making up for the trip that Covid ruined. I’d intended to forget about all cult-related things. But exciting book-related things have thwarted that intention. Sigh… I’d better get back to “the source,” before I ruin my life. Or, maybe I’ll just go ahead and ruin my life without it.
Here’s the news …
- Podcast interview: Project Hope – Interview with Jennifer French last Friday. Posting date tbd.
- Podcast interview: A Little Bit Culty – Interview scheduled in October! Wait for the word salad!
- ICSA Today, book review coming! Publication date tbd!
- I’m officially an #IGOTOUT website collaborator & author!
- Jexit Interview – Interview done. Posting date tbd.
- The Cult Vault – To be posted, August 8th.
- Mid-West & Upstate NY Book Tour & ICSA Conference, with Gerette Buglion, author of An Everyday Cult. Live in Cleveland? Join us at Mac’s Backs, Cleveland Heights, Ohio, on June 27th, 7pm.
- Documentary Interview: yep, I get to be the cult expert in a film! Imagine that. More to come soon.